Monday, July 30, 2012

Adjusting to the change

Well, my Copaxone nurse came out on Friday morning and showed me how to inject copaxone.... It burned like hell but I've been through worse.

So I've been doing well with taking my shot... I've been setting an alarm on my phone so I don't forget to take it.

I did however make a "boo boo" yesterday with my shot. I went to inject, hit he button and nothing came out.. (I'm using the auto inject) well silly me forgot to take off the lid cap thing.

So I went to take it off and medicine was leaking everywhere since I had already pressed the inject button... Can we say oops!

This is definitely going to take some time to get used to. But hey, I'm surviving with it. I took a fall Thursday evening ... Clumsy me. It's taken some time to get feeling better, but I'm doing better.

I basically relaxed all weekend, thanks to my mom being here.
Because on Friday night.... Guess who ran smack dab in not the corner of a table... This girl. Double injury!

I feel better now that I got to relax and take it easy, but this heat is still getting to me. I feel bad cause the boys keep wanting to go outside and play and i just can't do it.

So I'm trying to make it fun for them being inside. I think we're going to head to the store and pick u some board games... And I think I'm gonna get them some movies too.

I feel bad that I'm "trapping" them in the house... But at least I can still function by doing so. I try and make things fun for them... since I can't be outside with them.. and I can only hope I'm doing a good job of it.

So all in all I'm not just adjusting to the change from Tysabri to Copaxone... but also the change in my spasticity medication... and this Texas heat. I hate having the feeling that I'm letting my MS keep me in doors... but then I have to sit back and think that a lot of people can't even be outside right now, not just those that have MS.

I try REALLY hard not to let MS control my life... and always be my topic of conversation, but it's hard not to talk about my MS in conversation all the time, when it's effecting me all the time.

I think that's why I'm finding it easier to talk to people who have MS and build friendships with them, rather than try and talk about it with someone who doesn't get it. My husband gets it in a sense... because he in a way has MS... since he helps me and cares for me... but then I just don't want to over load him with all of my feelings... he already does a lot for the MS community as it is... A lot more than a lot of caregivers do.

In a way I feel that with every change I have in a medication to slow progression, it's like going through the whole diagnosis phase again. Maybe third time is the charm? Let's hope so.

Well, it's hot... and it's time to watch some G-Force w/ my boys!

xoxo
Ashley


1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley. I love ur blogs and videos. The interview with Clay Walker was really cute too. I've been following u quite a bit, but I didn't catch why u needed to switch from Tysabri to Copoxone. I have aggressive RRMS, & take Tysabri.I was just curious. Than :)

    ReplyDelete