Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Well, you know you have been married for a long time when Valentines Day is just another day in the calendar, lol. It's also a time for your kids to stuff themselves full of sugar with all the chocolates and candy they get. I considered buying myself a new vacuum, my Valentines Day gift, lol. Am I getting old, or what?

Well there was a softball tournament this past weekend and of course me being the "team mom" ( the only wife that goes ) I went.... but it didn't last long. Thanks to the Texas weather, my body was killing me and I didn't have my spasticity meds with me, so I had to leave. Lets put it this way... it snowed on Sunday and today the high is 75! My best friend keeps telling me I just need to move to Idaho, where she is lol I'm sitting here thinking to myself, what's this summer going to be like.... Hopefully not 115+ temps, because I couldn't function. I will up and move for the summer if that's the case.

I've been thinking that I'm going to call my primary care doctor and get tested to see if I'm gluten intolerant... because my stomach has been killing me. I totally forgot that I have a urology appointment tomorrow, oh joy. That's one doctors office, I wish I could go without. Last time I went I stuck out like a sore thumb. I was probably young enough to be everyones granddaughter that was there waiting.

I go get my second Tysabri infusion on Thursday... my feelings are still "blah" towards Tysabri. I hope it works, but I'm not getting my hopes up like I did with Avonex because I don't want to be let down... again. I also hope I don't get so tired this time around after the infusion. Last time I came home and slept the rest of the day.

I can't believe my youngest is going to be three on the 19th.... where does the time go? He also gets his cast off the 23rd, which I'm excited for.... and I'm sure he is too. I'm ready for him to go back to school! All though, this whole potty training thing is very difficult with a cast on his leg... I don't think it will take long once it is off. I know he is tired of being in the house all the time... so I've been taking him outside in his stroller, but I haven't been able to walk with him all that much lately. So we just go outside and sit there for a bit.

Oh thanks for the comments on my SS letter... means a lot. I'm going to call my doctor and see if he is going write a letter for my SS appeal.

Oh, I contacted someone about a clinical trial for pain, turns out my neurologist is taking part in the clinical trial and I'm at the point where I will try anything to help get rid of the pain! Because the pain I experience isn't just one type of pain... I have my spasticity, nerve pain, weakness, arthritis & let's not forget my back problems. Sometimes I wish I could wake up and all that I go through was just a bad dream... or it was just magically gone. I just wish that I could go one day without any symptoms and without taking any medication.... but I know that's not going to happen.

Oh here it he link to the clinical trial I was talking about, http://www.nationalmssociety.org/news/news-detail/index.aspx?nid=4546


Well, it's time to rest... be well. Happy Valentines Day!

xoxo
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a good day . Yes fatique sucks . I'm on Copaxone since 2001 I do good on it i have M.S. with some vertigo o joy. Well i hope you r doing ok . Jeff D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had MS for the past 20 yrs, now i can't exercise and on betaseron. right leg is fully dead can't move it so i fall lots. but so many ppl can still walk , stay on medication and be stress free. I stay at home alot but i do somehow still walk my puppy. I just hope i don't cry today because i use to do so much and now so less. Thank You for being so strong, i use a brace for dead foot and crutch for balance. You are for sure not alone. Colleen

    ReplyDelete