Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Really Fatigued...

Okay, so this past weekend we had my son's 3rd birthday party... it was a BLAST! but... preparing for the party and actually having the party was exhausting. I haven't been doing ANYTHING since Sunday because I'm just exhausted. My brain can't comprehend anything that is told to me... and I'm just in a shitty mood to be honest.

On a good note, my son's cast is off, so he is now in a walking boot and is going back to his mother's day out on Tuesday's and Thursday's so I get my weekly breaks and time to myself. I love my kids to death, but sometimes a person just needs some time to their selves.

I can't believe it's almost March... Which means, MS Awareness Month! Anyone got any plans? I plan on continuing to bring awareness to everyone about MS. I'm glad that we have a National MS Month... but every month is MS Awareness Month to me.

It looks like I'm going to either the AAN meeting or the CMSC meeting.. still unsure yet. The two meeting are really big meetings about MS, AAN is in April and CMSC is in May/June. I really enjoyed reporting at ECTRIMS last year... and can't wait to see what this year's meetings bring.

I've been doing a lot of research lately on a "detox". I think I've finally decided that I'm doing the "Lemonade Diet" aka Master Cleanse.

I have heard really good things about it and how it gets rid of all of the toxins in your body. Once I'm done with the 10 day cleanse, I think I'm going to go on the HCG Diet... See how that goes. I will let everyone know if I actually follow through, I don't think it's going to be easy to just have lemonade for 10 days... but I'm going to try really really hard.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've just been in "hiding" because of my fatigue and haven't been motivated to do ANYTHING. I'm just really ready to be on the right track in life and get to a point where I can be "fine" and mean it. I should catch a break from my MS sometime, right?

Update on Tysabri... I've been doing really well with it actually. I haven't had any side effects really and the last infusion I rested the rest of the day, but I didn't pass out like I did with the first infusion. I now refer to my Tysabri infusion as my "vacation". Because I'm at the doctor getting medication but I get to sit in a recliner and get on the computer or nap or do WHATEVER I want and not have to get up and do anything for anyone or do something around the house.

The nurses told me I could stay longer if I wanted, so that I could have a "longer vacation" but I was hungry so I went to get food. I'm really glad that the nurses at the infusion clinic are so nice. You don't really find it common to go to a DR's office and everyone greats you by your first name and is very cheerful and actually knows your background. I'm glad that I found that at my neurologists office.

Well, I'm going to go take a nap now... this weather change is really messing with me... it's supposed to be in the 80's this week then go back down to low 60's... I'm ready to MOVE! lol Like that will ever happen.


xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment