Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lazy Day!

Well today's weather was very "gloomy" so I just did, NOTHING. Well, I did things around the house & some homework... but I wasn't running around doing stuff. It was nice, except for the fact that I had to go to the grocery store... that always takes a lot out of me.

So, I've been reading everyones feedback and I did want to say this... By blogging, I'm getting my feelings off my chest because it's not good to dwell on things or hold things in. So this is my way of just letting it out and moving forward with my life.

I've realized that when I see family or friends, I don't want to talk about what my MS is doing to me or anything like that, I want them to ask me about how I'm moving forward with my life, how my volunteering is going. I take great pride in the things I do at MSWorld and It's nice for that to be acknowledged by them rather than wanting me to reflect on the things, I'd rather not try and explain.

It's not easy explaining how MS effects me... because it's "invisible" for the most part. "You look great!" Yeah... well... You look like an idiot lol Just saying, I don't want to sit here and talk about all my medical problems, I want to move forward and look at where I'm going & what I'm doing in the future. Is that so much to ask?

James knows better than to ask me how I'm "feeling" that day, he knows when something isn't right and addresses it then... I'm glad that he treat me like a fragile piece of glass, because I'm not. I'm still Ashley, just different. Even though I would never ask to have MS, I am dealing with it and moving forward and doing things with my life that I never knew were possible. Not to mention, the wonderful people I've met in the journey, so far.

Never in a million years would I ever think that I would make such wonderful friends that I like to call family, online. It's just crazy on how quick life can change, ya know? Tomorrow I'm going to "hound" the Neuro's office... see what's going on w/ this whole MRI thing. I know they are probably waiting till after Thanksgiving... but I'm not a very patient person.

I've realized what I do in order to make myself feel better and that's make others laugh. I also love that I help people as well. When I was first diagnosed I was told, OH YOUR SO YOUNG! Well truth is, I'm not the youngest & that's the sad part. There are kids out there with MS that don't know any different.

It seems as if people need to "think before they speak" sometimes. I don't remember if I told y'all, but I ordered a shirt off the internet and it says, "My Chronic Illness is more real than your medical expertise!" I thought maybe if I wore it out to events, maybe people would "think before they spoke". It's a shame common sense isn't so common these days...

Jason, my oldest son, is off school ALL week for Thanksgiving, since when do they get a whole week off??? Oh well, he helps me out... most of the time. My boys are so cute... whenever I'm not doing so good, they know without me even saying anything and they just cuddle up w/ me and play w/ my hair or ask me if I need anything! Jason even LIKES vacuuming, sometimes!

Well, it's geting late and I'm exhausted... I really wish this stupid Texas bi-polar weather would make up it's mind... it's tiring! I feel like a meteorologist, cause I can tell when the weather is going to change because of my MS and arthritis, before it even actually changes... Career change?? I THINK NOT!

That's it for me! Take care everyone & remember... you are responsible for your future, make it the best it can be.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment